You can discuss nearly anything here!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Coronavirus

Post by Megan »

So, I'm sure none of us care to look at this stuff anymore then we already are, but it is something important. How are things where you live? How's it affecting you? ARE YOU SAFE?! (and the answer to the last one better be yes!)

Out here, its been getting crazy. Pretty much only essential stuff is open. My job falls into that so I'm still working. Short shifts, but I'm still getting around 25 hours so its not too bad. Luckily they need me since no one wants to come in at 5 am and open. :dlaugh: But a couple people have been laid off or aren't going to work during this.

Stuff in the stores is hard to get. Not a lot of anything according to my mom. There is stuff, just sometimes hard to get. Luckily we had a stock before this happened of toilet paper (she buys it when its on sale), and picked up some stuff before it went nuts. As for Sanitizers we found some older ones around the house, plus some I bought some months ago, and some Bath and Body Works ones. Luckily I keep some in stock since I use it for work.

I'm spending most of my time at home. The only time I've been out is to go to work. Plan to keep it that way. If I need anything I can get it online. My mom still has to for like food and stuff and my sister a bit for her job. I always worry about my mom since she has trouble with her breathing and has COPD. We tell her to be careful. I also told her not to wait if she feels off.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Re: Coronavirus

Post by elfwink »

In Australia, all the state borders are closed.

We are in lockdown. You may only leave your house to get food, do exercise, go to the doctor, or if your work or education cannot happen online. You're only allowed to exercise outside in groups of two, and you're allowed to get takeaway coffee together. Plenty of cafes and restaurants have switched to take-out only, but some have also had to shut business.

You are also supposedly allowed to see your partner if you don't live together. You can also go out if you have any other family obligations (e.g. a separated couple with joint custody of a child).
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
Shadow Seesaw
Playful Ferret
Playful Ferret
Mood:

Post by Shadow Seesaw »

They have only been 26 confirmed cases PEI, Canada where I live and 23 of those cases have been consider recovered but as of today where I live is in State of Emergency so if anybody trying to come into the province has prove that they live here now and then self-isolate for 14 days.
Enryu
Dancing Ferret
Dancing Ferret

Post by Enryu »

ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:27 pm They have only been 26 confirmed cases PEI, Canada where I live and 23 of those cases have been consider recovered but as of today where I live is in State of Emergency so if anybody trying to come into the province has prove that they live here now and then self-isolate for 14 days.
Was planning to visit there later in the summer, but I guess not until this pandemic is dealt with. oh well
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Yeah pretty sure we’re not going anywhere in the summer too. Oh well. Still taking time off though. 😛
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Shadow Seesaw
Playful Ferret
Playful Ferret
Mood:

Post by Shadow Seesaw »

They have been no new cases on PEI in 10 days now so starting on May 1st they are slowly going to start opening things back and they have been no new cases on NB either in 6 days so there's a chance that border between the provinces might be the first to open back but it won't be right away. They are going to open up PEI in stages starting with people be allowed out more to see friends and family while still practicing social distancing. The last stage would see massive gatherings being allowed and the border to mainland being opened again.