Jaluna's Journal

You can start a blog and post in it here! Just start a topic for your blog!
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Re: Jaluna's Journal

Post by Juneberry »

Am currently at the write-in. I've written a bunch and am eating way too much. xD

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Aw, I wouldn’t worry about that! Just have fun!
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

I need to watch my weight so naturally I'm worried about the lack of self control I showed by eating all the sweets I wanted xD

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:28 pm
I need to watch my weight so naturally I'm worried about the lack of self control I showed by eating all the sweets I wanted xD
Yeah, same. I know how that feels.

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Random stuff from this week:

1. Went to a write in at someone's house in The Oranges. For those of you unaware, The Oranges is a set of towns next to each other named things like West Orange (where I was) and South Orange. If I recall correctly, the third one is East Orange. Anywho, I got some writing done, played with a really cute puppy, and won a signed copy of a really fun book.

2. My dad decided to prank my neighbor by making cat noises outside their apartment door, hiding in our apartment afterward and continuing to make cat noises until she opened the outer door.

3. Had yummy cake for dinner. xD

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:01 pm
Random stuff from this week:

1. Went to a write in at someone's house in The Oranges. For those of you unaware, The Oranges is a set of towns next to each other named things like West Orange (where I was) and South Orange. If I recall correctly, the third one is East Orange. Anywho, I got some writing done, played with a really cute puppy, and won a signed copy of a really fun book.

2. My dad decided to prank my neighbor by making cat noises outside their apartment door, hiding in our apartment afterward and continuing to make cat noises until she opened the outer door.

3. Had yummy cake for dinner. xD
Those names just make me think of Earthbound and that games craziness. XD

And your dad sounds freaking awesome. XD

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Dad's cat noises are scarily good. It's hard to tell if it's him or one of the local strays when he argues with them. o.o;

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Today is starting out not the best. First I had problems sleeping and have basically been up since around 5AM after not falling asleep until past midnight or 1AM. Then I got on my computer today to write, and Steam and Scrivener were both closed, when I never close them! Steam booted up just fine and I figured it was an update, but Scrivener, well... When I opened it, I got a pop up error thing about them having issues re-authorizing my license key for the past three months? And if they can't get it to work in the next three months I'll be bumped down to trial mode? This totally cam e out of left field.

So.. Yeah, today didn't start great. On the plus side, I've already sent a tech support email inquiry (which will take a few days according to the auto-reply). I tried adulting also by calling my pharmacy to order some refills of my meds... But I got no answer and hung up after like nine or ten rings. I still have to get through to them sometime today, and there's a ton of paperwork dad and I need to do today to be ready for our DCA (Department of Community Affairs, which runs section 8 rental assistance) inspection tomorrow. Oh, and dad's in withdrawal because he managed to run out of meds two weeks early. So... Yep, not a great day. Hopefully things brighten up over the course of the day, but so far, I'm not betting on it.

Also it's seriously cold omg.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Aww, sounds like a rough day. I hope it got better. *hugs*

AND YES. ITS SO COLD!

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Good news: apparently everyone was having the problem I had with Scrivener. It was a bug, and they made an update to fix it! So yay, no more weird error message! I also bought another writing software from my youth to compare and just generally use, because it has a different way of helping you organize your thoughts and such (and it was half off so I figured why not?).

Other than that... Talked to my boyfriend more the past day or so than I have in weeks, which was really nice. Apparently he's setting up part of the backyard for his dog specifically and he'll be putting a doggy door in a wall of his bedroom so she can go out there and stop pooping on his bed. We're also on similar sleep schedules at the moment (He wakes up around 4AM his time, which is 6AM my time which is when I generally wake up roughly. I go to sleep earlier than him though recently. Too early.)

In other news, I HIT 50K WORDS! I win NaNo for the second time in my life! I worked on about 4 projects to do it, and a fair amount was planning characters but... hot damn, I'm feeling good about it! Well, outside the fact I need to port them all onto one document by end of November...