Jaluna's Journal

You can start a blog and post in it here! Just start a topic for your blog!
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Re: Jaluna's Journal

Post by Juneberry »

This past week has been kinda iffy. I started out with a bad case of the blahs for a while, but I've been slowly getting out of it thankfully. As usual, my birthday text to my mom didn't get a reply- not sure she even reads them, but I feel good sending them anyway. I have a lot of doctors this week: I'm getting my depo booster shot Wednesday, seeing my neurologist Thursday and my internist Friday. It's a bit draining to think about, but at least dad got all the rides set up!

I became an admin on another site recently. The owner is overworked and asked me if I would be willing to. I don't know my duties yet, but my color there has changed. I hope I'll be able to be very helpful!

In creative news, I've started working on three WIPs in three different programs to play around with them and prepare to write reviews. I'm pretty happy with how one is coming out so far. Well, mostly. I also started getting back into game dev a bit, and have made sure to do a little bit of work on a project in it every day. Today will probably be some dungeon making.
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Gasp, two days in a row? Yep. I'm posting two days in a row. I have some minor updates!

1. I did my first job as an admin on the other site I mentioned yesterday. I got rid of a spambot! :D
2. I've decided to start preparing to make my business-ish writing/editing blog. Debating if I should stick to wordpress for hosting or if I should look into other engines more dedicated to blog hosting.
3. I may or may not be getting my depo shot tomorrow. Insurance issues regarding getting the shot are a problem... but if we have to, dad said we'll pay the 60 bucks our pharmacist quoted us.

...That's it for this morning. Thanks for peeking in!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Congrats on being made an admin! =3

Sounds like you've been busy. Your editing/blog sounds cool too!
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Update: I'm getting my shot tomorrow. The vial finally came just a moment ago xD

Megan: I have no idea the best way to host the blog yet or the best way to go about writing it. Y'know what I mean?
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Yeah I do. XD Sometimes it hard to figure out how to do a site.

Yay for the shot being in, though boo on having to have a shot. XD I hate them personally.

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Do you have any recommendations of how you'd want to see a professional writer/editor's website?

As for the shot, it's not hugely 'needed'. I choose to get this one. Mostly because my doctor says it's safer for me with my migraines than the usual birth control pill.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 pm Do you have any recommendations of how you'd want to see a professional writer/editor's website?

As for the shot, it's not hugely 'needed'. I choose to get this one. Mostly because my doctor says it's safer for me with my migraines than the usual birth control pill.
Hm, me if I were to do a site like that I'd probably use Wordpress. But I also prefer Wordpress so that's me.

Ah, okay. I probably would of went that way too if its safer. WE WANT A SAFE JUNEBERRY! :dsmile:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

[mention]Megan[/mention] When I make it can you look to give me input that I'm using (free) Wordpress to its fullest potential?

Also, today's post:
I am getting sick and tired of losing my data. First my world-building database disappears (apparently I didn't save it? I thought I did but literally the file itself didn't exist so guess not?). Then, while trying to re-fill-in some information in a new database file that I'm saving every five seconds, I open up my spreadsheet calendar for the events in my world, and one of the months is missing- and this is clearly not my fault, because I did the months all in order and only June disappeared. What's worse is I'm not surprised by it completely, since this office suite has eaten my work before years ago. I should've known. -.-

Also, my hormone shot has had me going a bit crazy the past few days. :/
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Sure!

Ugh...losing stuff is the worst. I've lost so many files over the years, and it stinks. And that's so weird it keeps doing odd things. I hope you feel better soon!

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Today's post is very short: I've been spending the last few days having voice chats with a group of friends. Last night, one of them brought a gaming buddy in since he was streaming them playing a game together, and then that friend brought another friend to play and it was just kinda chaotic. Kind of. On the other hand, I didn't have nightmares after watching my friend play a demogorgan from Stranger Things and eating everyone he had to kill to win the game... So that's good.

Speaking of streaming and stuff, I've been learning how to stream recently and did a short stream the other day of Homework Salesman for some art friends. It was kinda hard watch the chat while playing, though. I've also started making just general videos for youtube. They're not spectacular by any means, but I'll learn the art of editing and other stuff as I go. :)