What's new in 2020?

Here you can find old topics!
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

What's new in 2020?

Post by elfwink »

What is new or different for you this year? Apart from the obvious that we have this pandemic, and more people are at home.

Have you got a new hobby? More free time?

I've started caring more about my plants, and started reading a book. I want to start French knitting, but waiting for my knitting tool in the mail.
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Re: What's new in 2020?

Post by Megan »

Well I guess I've been way better with keeping up with meditating. Been doing it for over 50 days in a row. Yay. Also been reading a bit more I guess, and playing more games.

Honestly not a lot has changed for me. XD Lucky enough to be working, though pretty much the only time I go out for the most part.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Shadow Seesaw
Playful Ferret
Playful Ferret
Mood:

Post by Shadow Seesaw »

I've moved out my mother's place into an apartment with my husband, I've been doing a lot more baking and I've been trying to read more.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Cherry Blossom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:03 pm I've moved out my mother's place into an apartment with my husband, I've been doing a lot more baking and I've been trying to read more.
Oh that sounds cool. =3

Kyng
Amazing Ferret
Amazing Ferret

Post by Kyng »

Not a whole lot really, apart from the obvious. Our office was due to move at work, but that ended up being a non-event because I'm working from home anyway now!
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

Megan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:13 pm Well I guess I've been way better with keeping up with meditating. Been doing it for over 50 days in a row. Yay. Also been reading a bit more I guess, and playing more games.

Honestly not a lot has changed for me. XD Lucky enough to be working, though pretty much the only time I go out for the most part.
That's great. :) What do you do to meditate?

I kinda want to get a cushion I can use so I can sit in our courtyard.
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

Cherry Blossom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:03 pm I've moved out my mother's place into an apartment with my husband, I've been doing a lot more baking and I've been trying to read more.
That's awesome. What the best thing that you've baked so far?

I recently did an experiment and baked cookies without butter or eggs (not for dietary reasons - we just didn't have any at the time).
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

elfwink wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:22 am
Megan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:13 pm Well I guess I've been way better with keeping up with meditating. Been doing it for over 50 days in a row. Yay. Also been reading a bit more I guess, and playing more games.

That's great. :) What do you do to meditate?

I kinda want to get a cushion I can use so I can sit in our courtyard.
I mostly just use the Calm app on my phone which is pretty awesome. Has looooads of meditations though you do have to pay to access most of them. Also has music, sleep stories, some lectures, and exercises. So far on over 50 days streak. XD
elfwink wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:22 am
That's awesome. What the best thing that you've baked so far?

I recently did an experiment and baked cookies without butter or eggs (not for dietary reasons - we just didn't have any at the time).
How did those turn out? Curious about the eggs, since my mom can't have them. We sometimes use an egg substitute which is some powder for cakes though doesn't hold some cakes quite as well as eggs. Never tried it with cookies though.

elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

Megan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:53 pm How did those turn out? Curious about the eggs, since my mom can't have them. We sometimes use an egg substitute which is some powder for cakes though doesn't hold some cakes quite as well as eggs. Never tried it with cookies though.
Well I used olive oil. So they were slightly oily, but still tasted perfectly fine. I used good quality chocolate chips, which helped greatly. :dgrin:
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

elfwink wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:50 am
Megan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:53 pm How did those turn out? Curious about the eggs, since my mom can't have them. We sometimes use an egg substitute which is some powder for cakes though doesn't hold some cakes quite as well as eggs. Never tried it with cookies though.
Well I used olive oil. So they were slightly oily, but still tasted perfectly fine. I used good quality chocolate chips, which helped greatly. :dgrin:
Hm interesting. Might have to try that. Might be nice to have cookies my mom can actually eat. :dsmile: