Final Fantasy VII: Remake

You can discuss any kind of games here! Console, handheld, cards, board games, etc.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Post by Megan »

So, its finally released yesterday. Has anyone gotten it? Thoughts on it?

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I wasn't sure how long it would be with all that Coronavirus stuff going on, but apparently Square Enix shipped out games earlier to places in hopes that more people could play it on release day. I had gotten mine through Game Stop, and was quite happy to get it the same day it came out! Even before all the current issues I was figuring sometime the following week. So, was nice to get it on the release day.

Anyway, I got the Deluxe version. Mostly for the mini soundtrack. :dlaugh: (I have the full one pre-ordered XD). It came with that inside a nice little box which also had the regular case, a steel book one, a art book, and DLC summon (I also had another that came from Game Stop's pre-order), plus the tin with the Shinra card (which came with Game Stop pre-orders).

I played for a bit last night. I had a lot more fun playing through this time then when I did the demo. The battle system's grown on me. Mostly was iffy on that and the camera angles. But I'm getting used to it.

I loved the banter between Cloud and Barret. :dlaugh: Some of it had me laughing. As others have pointed out Jessie is pretty awesome in it too. I liked listening to her and Biggs banter too. I played a couple hours. Did get to meet Tifa and Aerith. Really loving it so far. I won't give anything away, but some bits really add to the story when you know what ended up happening in the original and probably will in some form down the road. The music is pretty great too. Just loving it so far.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Enryu
Dancing Ferret
Dancing Ferret
Re: Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Post by Enryu »

I only started playing it recently, but its pretty cool so far. The avalanche gang is great as a whole, and I really like what they did with the characters.

This covid pandemic has me working from home, so it's been really tempting to play while I'm supposed to be working.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Enryu wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm I only started playing it recently, but its pretty cool so far. The avalanche gang is great as a whole, and I really like what they did with the characters.

This covid pandemic has me working from home, so it's been really tempting to play while I'm supposed to be working.
Yeah, one thing that I find really shines is the characters. They gave them so much more life.

elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

I purchased the original Final Fantasy VII on Steam ages ago, and haven't played it.

I never got around to getting it on PS1. PS1 had SO MANY games. Sunk so many hours into Final Fantasy VIII though.
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

My brother bought the original when it first came out. Pre-ordered I believe since he got a shirt with it when he got the game. He stopped near the end of the first disc, he didn't like it. I ended up taking over the game around then and became obsessed. XD Game became mine as did the shirt, and the guidebook which I used so much it started falling apart.

I have a copy copies running around (well one was when I lost one of the discs), and then I have one on PS4 and one on Switch. Used to have the PC version too.

Enryu
Dancing Ferret
Dancing Ferret

Post by Enryu »

Hadn't beat the game yet when I first posted here. oh sh*t, that ending.....
Spoiler
My boy Zack! He's alive!? Even if it is some kind of alternate universe thing, that's pretty cool. Crisis Core was Boss.