Computers

You can discuss any form of technology here just about! Computers, phones, internet, gadgets, etc.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Computers

Post by Megan »

What kind of computers do you have/use?

I myself have two laptops. Ones a MacBook Air, and the other an HP.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Re: Computers

Post by Juneberry »

I have an Acer Spin 3 currently. It's not the best, but it's 10x better than the one I was using before :'D
marti
Hyper Ferret
Hyper Ferret
Mood:

Post by marti »

I have a Chromebook
MeowsePad
Ferret
Ferret
Mood:

Post by MeowsePad »

I have my custom-built desktop, an older desktop that I use as a Windows XP box, and a laptop.
Shadow Seesaw
Playful Ferret
Playful Ferret
Mood:

Post by Shadow Seesaw »

I've got a mini personal computer, notebook tablet and I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

MeowsePad wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:16 pm I have my custom-built desktop, an older desktop that I use as a Windows XP box, and a laptop.
Ooh. What do you use the Windows XP computer for? I have an old one I'm trying to restore so I can play The Sims.
ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:19 pm I've got a mini personal computer, notebook tablet and I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
Nice!
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
MeowsePad
Ferret
Ferret
Mood:

Post by MeowsePad »

elfwink wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:44 am
MeowsePad wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:16 pm I have my custom-built desktop, an older desktop that I use as a Windows XP box, and a laptop.
I use it mainly for older games, but I haven't been using it a ton recently.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Well, I got myself a new MacBook Air. =3 My dad inherited my old one.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Smokey
Ferret
Ferret
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Smokey »

I got a Surface Pro 4 i5 that I don't use much, only has 4GB of ram so it's okay for light stuff......but my daily driver is an Alienware 17R5 gaming laptop rocking an i7 CPU with a GTX 1070 8GB GPU and 16gb of ram......2 hard drives........ it's suited me well since 2018 :) I'll probably be upgrading to something better sometime early next year.
Spook of the lost
Playful Ferret
Playful Ferret
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

Hmm tough one to answer.

let's see... my oldest one is a Commodore 64 rev C with a 1541C Floppy disc drive and a special module to allow me to load cassette games using a standard aux cable.
then there's my IBM PS/2 model 50 which is a intel 286 16mhz cpu with 30mb of hard drive storage and I think half a megabyte of ram?

beyond that I have half a dozen Imac G3's in various colors I've collected, a couple 486's that I need to get working, two pentium III's one of which is hosting a BBS I've been running since 2011.

then there's my windows XP machine, Mimir, which acts as the bridge between modern and old systems, it's running windows XP x64 and Dos 7.1 dual boot. a few laptops I have lying around, including the last mac model to use a power PC, a macbook G5. and finally my main desktop rig.

Thor which really deserves a page in and of it's self given the specs and modifications I've made to it.

effectively it can interface with just about anything, capture audio and video, and output into just about anything. sometimes with external modules.

it has a parallel port, two serial ports, a gigabit ethernet port, HDMI in, composite video in, component video in, SCART video in, 5.1 channels of audio in, wifi support up to wifi AC at 1.5gigabit speeds, USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports and a set of firewire ports.

for video it's running a geforce GTX 1060, and dual boots linux and windows 8.1 on dual SSD's one for each OS, while they share a 2tb storage drive.

it has 32gb's of 1866mhz DDR 3 ram across 4 sticks, an amd fx 8350 overclocked to 4.2 and turboing to 4.8 with a watercooling loop to keep everything cool.

it also has one last addition, a parallel port chip programmer which is connected to a parallel port switch I rigged up using bus switches, this is so I can switch between it and the parallel port FM synthesis card I have for old games (like the one in my sega genesis :P).

it's connected to the 286 via serial connection and the rest via a 16port ethernet switch, including the modded game consoles with network ports making it sort of the hub of my entire setup.

think of it like some sort of techno-geek device which assimilates and incorporates anything you throw at it.

as a last addition I guess I can include my wearable computer prototype though it's a long ways from a finished device...
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters