Jaluna's Journal

You can start a blog and post in it here! Just start a topic for your blog!
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Jaluna's Journal

Post by Juneberry »

So... I'm never really sure where to start with these things, so I guess today I'll just word vomit a bit about recent goings on.

Firstly: My dad has a girlfriend. She's a lady in Ghana which made us nervous because he gets a lot of scammers from there... But she's a really sweet lady. She texts with both of us, and she doesn't (most of the time) ask for anything. I think she genuinely likes dad, as she often asks me how he's doing when we chat if he's not chatting with her too. I've never seen dad so... I dunno how to put it. Happy? It's a new form of happy. So for now, I approve.

Secondly: Things have been pretty rough in *my* love life. I have a boyfriend- I love him to the moon and back. But when he's depressed, he pulls away, and I feel pain being unable to do anything for him. I regularly send him little messages to remind him he's loved and missed, but sometimes I wonder if I'm too overbearing. He stopped talking to me for a week, said one thing, stopped again... I was feeling worried I did something wrong. But... I got to talk to him yesterday. He told me why he hasn't been online much was because his mouse broke, and he's been sick and overworked recently. I don't know why, but I cried hysterically- and even though I was happy, I knew they weren't happy tears. Somehow, I'm still scared... I'm not sure what of, though.

(Fun fact, I cried typing it too)

Thirdly: Things at work are moving along well! We've redistributed tasks for staff and I'm really excited by some ideas I tossed at my boss. We're going to likely have a loooong staff meeting tonight, based on the 'homework' (as I call it) my boss gave us to do beforehand. I'll tell you guys more about some of our secret projects later. :)

Fourthly: I stopped roleplaying for a month because of personal stuff and events I was taking part in. Now that I have the time (i think) I... I can't seem to open the sites to return. I'm intimidated and worried I'll burn out or if I've already burnt out. And I realized some sites I just RP on to bond with my boyfriend, which is wrong. I should talk to him about that later.

Finally... I've been trying to focus on one writing project. I've decided that my first comic, Alien Irony, needs to be seriously redone. And, this time, I hope to publish it for profit! I've got a lot of work ahead to do- scripting it, making the pages, learning to model so I don't have to beg friends to give me royalty free models they make for me... So lots of stuff is going on. But I'm having fun for the most part! I even made the project its own blog! :D
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Jaluna's Journal

Post by Megan »

I'm glad your dad seems to be happy! Sorry to hear though about the boyfriend issues. He's probably too tired to deal with stuff I'm guessing. I know I get like that from time to time. I guess just try to be there for when he is.

If it bothers you so much, maybe you either need a break from role playing and as much as I hate to say it (love role playing with you) maybe stop? But try not to worry about burning out. If it happens it happens. You can always take a step back from stuff. As for trying to bond with him through some role plays, I honestly don't see an issue with that.

Sounds exciting for your comic!
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Yeah, that's why I haven't returned to the RP sites yet. As far as they know, I'm still on hiatus... and some of my partners have come to check on me and just chat with me while I'm struggling. xD I'm really lucky I chose such nice people. For now, especially with my honey barely using the computer anyway, I think it's easier to accept my struggles, since I'm not actively using it to bond with him. I know he's probably still doing it the few times he's on, but I'll let his other partners take care of the fun for me... I guess? xD

As for today...

I have to make phone calls, bleh. I hate phones. Funny story, my boyfriend once butt dialed me while he was at work, and when I saw the call later, I called him back panicked because we literally never call each other :'D Today it's businessy calls though. One is to my welfare case manager 'cause I didn't realize I missed an appointment and may be seriously screwed. The other is Social Security because they sent me a letter that makes no sense in comparison to a phone conversation I'd had with them like a week ago.

I'm also trying to think of a good topic for my first 'scheduled' blog post on my private blog's reboot. I set myself three days for both my Alien Irony blog and my personal writing blog (this is the one you host, Megan x3). Tuesday I planned on doing something 'topical' and 'light hearted', but I need a topic. Any ideas today would be quite appreciated.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

I hate phone calls. >_> I avoid them when I can. XD

Hm...maybe do a look at a typical day for you?

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:42 pm I hate phone calls. >_> I avoid them when I can. XD

Hm...maybe do a look at a typical day for you?
I ended up talking about how I'm starting a few projects from the beginning again and why I do that and stuff. It actually helped inspire me for my mag work too! We're working on some pretty nifty projects, and one needed a theme, so I offered that as one... and it was chosen! <3

Speaking of work... Journalish vent time, but I am SUPER anxious and also a bit excited, because at this week's weekly meeting I have to make a presentation. We have four major projects going on right now, and a bunch of us work on multiple together since we're a small staff... But also, to make sure each one has a different presenter, I ended up in charge of presenting plans and stuff for one of them. I'm super nervous because I've never had to do this kind of presentation, and I don't know how to format it if I have to etc. We're still working as teams to set up what we'll need to present, but... the presentation for this is all on me, just not the content.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

I always hated presentations in school. Hope you do well!

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

The thing is I've never done a professional presentation before...
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 pm The thing is I've never done a professional presentation before...
I’m sure you’ll do fine! You can do it! 💪

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Today is starting out pretty mixed in my opinion. I started my time of the month yesterday and day two is always oooh so fuuuun (not really). I have all sorts of weird pains and had a slight issue in the bathroom... But I think the fact i'm not as ravenously hungry today and I found a great load of assets for my comic program... Well those definitely helped even it out a bit~!

And today's a good day to have weird pains, if there's such a thing, because I'm going to the doctor anyway.
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

It's been a while since I updated this oops! Let's see, what to say... I've been doing really good with my blogs so far, I think, thanks to this regular schedule. I already have my next Alien Irony one planned- just gotta write it up. I have a meeting tonight where I finally get to make my presentation- and my project manager for the one I'm presenting promised to help me work on last minute details and stuff soon. I hope it's verrrry soon, because meeting is in like 8 hours.