Jaluna's Journal

You can start a blog and post in it here! Just start a topic for your blog!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Re: Jaluna's Journal

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:38 pm I did something very not like me today: I knocked on the neighbor's door and asked if they'd like to have drinks together tomorrow. It's a miracle for me to initiate something like this. I'm already nervous.
Oh wow. Good for you. Hope you have fun!
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Yesterday was... eventful, to say the least. My neighbors invited me to join them in going to one of their friends' houses for a New Year's Eve party after we'd had a couple drinks at their place (like... a lot, actually, because one was a big cup of a mix of two really strong liquors, banana and chocolate). The party was fun from the little I can remember- I ended up blackout drunk and throwing up all over and they had to help take me home so my dad could nurse me while I apparently hugged the toilet for the rest of the night. I don't remember a whole lot- one minute I was drinking a hard cider and chatting with a nice guy, the next I was waking up in my recliner at home with a killer hangover.

I'm a little annoyed today because my dad was told they wanted to have me over this afternoon for mild alcohol to try to help balance the withdrawal I might have from just how much I drank, plus they just wanted to hang out... But they didn't text me like they were supposed to. I texted to check on them and they were at a diner and said they'd text me when they got back. Two and a half hours later I heard nothing so I texted again and it turns out they ended up going to their parents' houses. I'm not as miffed that they totally changed plans on me, but I'm frustrated that they didn't think to tell me anything. :/
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Okay first of all, I got the info wrong about what happened a bit on NYE. I did get blackout drunk, but I only started vomiting when I got home. My neighbor noticed while I was chatting with someone at the party that I as really pale, sweaty, and a bit incoherent, so she invited me outside to get some air, wrapped me in a jacket that she didn't realize wasn't mine, and took me home in an uber. She then went back to the party, realized she took the wrong jacket, so got my jacket and stuff and went back to my house to get the other person's jacket (they honestly said they'd just leave it with me if it didn't have their house keys in the pocket).

How do I know all this now? Well, last night, I as invited by the neighbors to hang upstairs with them and a friend. They answered any questions I had while totally helping me calm down over my guilt. They've both been where I was before, and one of them got really drunk besides me, and they just wanted me to realize I was welcome to hang out with them anytime and they weren't upset about my drunkness. We watched some TV and chatted and stuff- it was really fun. Dad came up later on to help me bring them some water (all they had was beer lmao). We all chatted the same as before, with dad adding in stuff to the conversation.

So... I'm feeling pretty happy today, outside the fact we got home at midnight and I stayed up until like 12:45am and slept in all morning. I was supposed to get blood work and xrays today -.-
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Well, that is a rather eventful New Years. I hope you at least had some fun.

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

I did! Even more fun today though. Went with my bff since high school to the Japanese marketplace in our area called Mitsuwa. We lurked books, food, stationery and all sorts of nifty things. I bought more than intended, but so did he, and we both paid for each other at points. He refuses the idea of letting me pay him back though, since I had to help carry everything since he's on forearm crutches. He felt that taking care of him, as he put it, was plenty paid back.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

As, you guys sound sweet. Sounds like loads of fun too!

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

It was! We've decided we definitely need to hang out more regularly. He's also decided I have to go with him to the Blick art store one day in the city. He was worried if I could handle it though since he knows me with crowds, but after ComiCon, I feel like just the city itself isn't that scary.
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Oh cool! You can do it!

Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

Not much happened the last few days. I've had an on and off migraine, and otherwise I've just been moving details about a couple writing projects to my newer planning software. I haven't written a blog post at all this week, so the coming week I'm gonna try to plan more in advance... But I also have point on a project at work now, so I'm going to work hard to not overdo things. I'll start working on the project tomorrow- my migraine makes me want to write, but... Not up to that quite yet xD

Oh, also watching a lot of Cells at Work recently. It's fun :3
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:

Post by Megan »

Try not to work yourself too hard! >P