You can discuss tv/movies here!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Sailor Moon Eternal

Post by Megan »

Its been a long wait but finally some news about the next season of Sailor Moon Crystal has come!

For those that don't know, this season is being done in a two part movie. Its been known for a couple years, but there's been no word of it till recently.

Its apparently titled Sailor Moon Eternal. A trailer was released for it, but doesn't really show much, just character designs.

For more info head over here!

So what are your thoughts? Like how it looks? Hate it?

I was actually surprised on the name. I guess I assumed it'd be under Crystal, but maybe they want it to stand apart since it'll be movies? Honestly I still don't get their reasoning for a movie. Maybe so it'll get more of a budget? Or some stuff that can't be shown on tv? Or to make it even better?

The trailer I was surprised they used the original opening from the 90's anime since Crystal never used it. I kinda hope they aren't going for that. While I love the song, this series is supposed to be different. Honestly I really like the openings they've done so far.

As for character designs, they look decent. Looks a lot like the last season's. I like them, but kinda miss the first seasons look. It looks so much like the manga. That massive picture of Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon is so beautiful. The other pictures look nice, but some look...off. I think its some of their eyes. But maybe its just the bad quality of the enlarged close up?

Regardless really looking forward to this!
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Re: Sailor Moon Eternal

Post by elfwink »

I have to say, Sailor Moon Crystal didn't grab me as much as I thought. Maybe because I expected it to be like the 90s show. :[

That doesn't mean the remake is poor quality in any way - I guess it's just not my thing.
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Yeah I think that’s why a lot of people didn’t like it. I mean I love it, but I always had kinda wished the 90s anime followed the manga more.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

The old video was dead so replaced it with one of the newer trailers.

And the movies are coming out January 8th and February 11th of this year! And its rumored it might be streaming on Netflix outside of Japan! Hopefully that's true. And reason enough to use Netflix for a bit. XD

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Well the movie has been out for like a week or so or more? So far no word on it hitting Netflix or anything, but hopefully! Or maybe a dvd won't be super far off.

Regardless some new videos:

This is a music video featuring the movie's part 1 theme "The Moon Color Chainon" the Momoiro Clover Z version It does contain some spoilers for part 2:

And here is the trailer for part 2:

Part two is to come out next month.

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Well part 2 has aired quite a while ago.

Fans have waiting impatiently outside Japan as it was rumored Netflix was going to air the movies. Finally it was announced. And it will be coming to Netflix June 3rd. Supposedly it will be available in English and Japanese too. Here's the trailer:

Also pre-orders on various sites such as CD Japan have opened for the DVD's and Blu-Rays of the movies. There are normal editions and special ones with all different kinds of pre-order bonus'. The special editions also come with two cds with music from the movies. Here's a trailer for that as well:

I guess that explains why the soundtrack hasn't been released (with the background music). I'm hoping they'll be releasing it separately or do the same for the US release (not holding my breath there). I really want the soundtrack, but will not get the Japanese version. There's the thing with whether it will work in other region players, and the price. Those versions are near $100!

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Sailor Moon Eternal is now on Netflix!

I watched part one dubbed. I was going to watch subbed, but I was watching with my mom and sister so I watched it dubbed for them. First time I really watched Viz's dub. Not terrible but still prefer subbed. Not sure what I think of it honestly. I'll watch it again and see. This time subbed!