Minecraft anyone?

You can discuss any kind of games here! Console, handheld, cards, board games, etc.
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Minecraft anyone?

Post by elfwink »

Anyone here have experiences with Minecraft. I had been quite a fan from 2011 to 2018. Played a lot online with local friends, and enjoyed watching our cities grow.

Unfortunately I don't play it so much nowadays since I work full time, and playing with a regular group online is quite a time sink.

What about you guys?
Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Re: Minecraft anyone?

Post by Juneberry »

I have Minecraft on XBox 360 and on my tablet. I still play it on occasion on my tablet, but I've never really played with anyone else before. I tend to restart worlds a lot. I might try building a city now that you've brought it up for my next creative project.

I mostly play on peaceful mode when in survival, by the by. I'm fairly relaxed with it. ^^;
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

I never played myself. Once or twice I considered, but probably not my thing. Though some of the mods floating around look fun.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

Ag! I completely forgot I made this post!
Juneberry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 am I have Minecraft on XBox 360 and on my tablet. I still play it on occasion on my tablet, but I've never really played with anyone else before. I tend to restart worlds a lot. I might try building a city now that you've brought it up for my next creative project.

I mostly play on peaceful mode when in survival, by the by. I'm fairly relaxed with it. ^^;
I think that's great! You can build your own world and not worry about threats.

Though I gotta say... a fun project is to build a defensive wall around a village to keep monsters out.

Did you ever go ahead and build that city?
Megan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 am I never played myself. Once or twice I considered, but probably not my thing. Though some of the mods floating around look fun.
The base game itself is pretty good, and especially fun to play online. There are plenty of mods around that change how things work.
Juneberry
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder
Mood:

Post by Juneberry »

I haven't started yet because I forgot and because I've only been using my phone lately, not my tablet. ^^; I'm likely looking forward to getting the PC version sometime this month, though. My dad said assuming we don't spend too much on a new laptop for me, I can get the game for myself. And when I told that to my boyfriend thinking 'yay we can play together', he slightly downtrodden reminded me he could get it for me as a gift. After which I perfectly embarrassed myself with my usual quick flirtatious statements.

So now I have no idea what's going to happen. But I have high hopes~ I know that a lot of games I like that are on mobile and such are usually better and have more features in their PC versions.
Kyng
Amazing Ferret
Amazing Ferret

Post by Kyng »

I've played it quite a lot myself. I love it, whether I'm exploring for new territory, or building the house or castle of my dreams!

Only problem is, I do tend to run out of ideas quite a lot :( .
elfwink
Ferret Herder
Ferret Herder

Post by elfwink »

Kyng wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:43 pm I've played it quite a lot myself. I love it, whether I'm exploring for new territory, or building the house or castle of my dreams!

Only problem is, I do tend to run out of ideas quite a lot :( .
Ah I see! Well my problem is not ideas. It's time and motivation to complete build projects.

Juneberry wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 am I haven't started yet because I forgot and because I've only been using my phone lately, not my tablet. ^^; I'm likely looking forward to getting the PC version sometime this month, though. My dad said assuming we don't spend too much on a new laptop for me, I can get the game for myself. And when I told that to my boyfriend thinking 'yay we can play together', he slightly downtrodden reminded me he could get it for me as a gift. After which I perfectly embarrassed myself with my usual quick flirtatious statements.

So now I have no idea what's going to happen. But I have high hopes~ I know that a lot of games I like that are on mobile and such are usually better and have more features in their PC versions.
Seems like you have a lovely boyfriend! :D I you do get a new computer which is powerful enough to play the game. My experience of Minecraft on tablet wasn't that great... But it was 6 years ago, so things could have changed since then.
Enryu
Dancing Ferret
Dancing Ferret

Post by Enryu »

I've played a lot on PC and more recently the Nintendo Switch. Usually prefer the vanilla version without mods, but I do use a texture pack when possible to make it look a little nicer.

I always start with ambitious goals, but usually just end up with a ton of resources and not much actually built. lol