Role Play: Of Beast & Man

Old role plays go here!
Ludwig
Baby Ferret
Baby Ferret
Role Play: Of Beast & Man

Post by Ludwig »

The Palace of the Emerald Sun was truly a sight to behold. Walls of gold depicted various heroes and beasts of legend, each seemingly adorned with various jewels and metals. The marble floors were covered in luxurious silk rugs, and various furniture set-pieces appeared so intricate that it wouldn’t be far-fetched to believe it took a craftsman his entire life to craft a single chair. Everything in the palace weighed more in gold than the average citizen would make in their entire life, and it was for this reason that visitors were extremely rare.

As it were King Arin had been pestered by his advisors for even donning the idea of letting common folk within the palace halls. Too much of a risk, they said, no way to make sure that the guard thoroughly vets them before they leave - all their yammering had only served to give him a headache.

The truth of the matter was that he needed help, outside help, and for those who decided to lend a hand, he would extend every courtesy, the first being to meet them in person. After all they would be risking their lives for his kingdom, in his eyes that made them a cut above the rest.

It was nearing dusk by the time there was a knock at the door to the throne room. “Those who answered your call are here, your Majesty.” The voice was just barely audible through the thick bronze door. King Arin raised his hand in acknowledgement, and two guards that stood on either side of the door quickly opened it to allow the guests entry.

A smile tearing at the sides of his mouth the aging king stood from his throne as he looked upon those who entered. “Welcome travellers,” his voice albeit plagued by fatigue rang throughout the room. “I hope you do not mind if we get straight to business, we have much to discuss.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Gael was used to seeing extravagant things, he’d preformed for enough nobles to see what ceaseless greed could buy. And yet even he found himself in awe of the sheer beauty of the palace, it was certainly well above any expectations he had. It was for this reason alone that he seemed to stop and stare at everything as he - along with the others - were guided throughout the golden halls. More than once he found himself the victim of dirty-glares from guards who likely took him to be a potential thief. No, he had no interest in the monetary value of anything within the hold, what captured his interest was the stories carved into the walls. Some he could recall, but others were completely alien to him, only piquing his interest further. But one solid probe from a guard in the back, and he found himself being hauled back into reality, whether he wanted to be or not.

By the time the group entered the throne room the bard was forcing himself to ignore his surroundings, instead placing all his attention on the king. The man looked frail, as if even the slightest bit of wind would knock him over. Not that Gael could blame him, running a kingdom at the best of times would likely be exhausting, let alone at a time like this.

“I have, as you may have guessed, gathered you all here in the hopes that you may help me with an issue we are having.” With slight difficulty the king sat back down on his throne. “You likely know of the beastial surge that has been plaguing these lands for some time. Despite our best attempts to purge them, they return like the sickness they are. We cannot hope to deal with them on our own, and as such,” he motioned to the group, “we require aid.”

“You will be compensated in full, of course. We will also offer you free passage throughout the lands, and some of the best horses that our stables can provide. Your task will not be an easy one, but I hope to make it as comforting as I can.” He took a pause then, maybe for dramatic effect, or perhaps because he simply needed to take a breather. “I do not wish to understate the urgency that is required here. If the beasts are not dealt with soon, then the kingdom will slowly fall in on itself. Something I doubt that any of us wish to see.”

“But if you’re truly determined and capable of see such a task to the end you will have not only my gratitude, but the gratitude of the entire kingdom. So,” yet another pause, “will you help us?”
queenzelda
Ferret Army
Ferret Army
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Role Play: Of Beast & Man

Post by queenzelda »

Wearing a long flowing aqua marine dress, with white slippers & her hair tied back with a gold crown on her head Queen Marin of the Kingdom of FarWy smiled to step forwards with her paladin Merdi. Merdi wore a purple garb & the best armor of the Kingdom of FarWy that had been given to her by Andros himself as his symbol of the black dragon adorned her left shoulder on her armor. Merdi; nodding she says; "Of course. We will help as best as we are able." Nodding Marin adds, "As this plight has reached my & my brother's kingdom as well. As such, my brother Andros has taken our people to a haven far away where monsters can't reach at the moment, but we fear that over time it could be reached." she informed him. Looking into the old king's deep blue eyes with her green ones Queen Marin asks; "When did you wish for this quest to start? I was thinking perhaps early tomorrow since we may need time to gather a few items & that before we leave. We don't want to head out to tackle these beasts blind."

Yami Yugi
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Yami Yugi »

Aaron, merely laughed stepping forwards; his red armor clanking a bit as he does so, his purple eyes shimmering under the lights of the old King's hall, "I say we are given an array of items we may need so we may speed the process of our going out to 'meet the problem'; along." He suggested, running a hand through his spikey black/purple/yellow hair. "I say the quicker we get going, the faster we can tackle the issue."
Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Maroon hung near the back of the group, touching her red bandanna as if making sure it was still there. She kept quiet secretly agreeing with what had already been said.

Kyle meanwhile stood a bit closer to the group. He looked rather nervous, and indeed he was. He was trying very hard to keep himself under control. Sometimes when he got nerved up he would change to his dragon form without warning and he didn't want anyone seeing that...they'd likely think he was one of the beasts they were to slay. He slowly nodded his head. "Er...y...yeah...that sounds good to me..."
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret:

Yami Yugi
Ferret
Ferret

Post by Yami Yugi »

King Arin was about to answer all of the questions & give his council on everything that his guests were asking, when suddenly & without warning a ton of knights all came running into the castle of the Sun. "King Arin! King Arin!" One of them knelt before his king; "The trirantulasaurus won't be stopped." The King stood & said; "I fear the time to fight is now! One of the many beasts that have been trying to destroy this kingdom has shown itself." But before anything more was said, a huge spider leg crashed through the ceiling, crushing the king: killing him instantly. Not to mention the other knights or those who were too slow to move out of the way of the falling ceiling,ended up under it crushed to death as well.

While the Advisors all wept & gathered up their dead king Aaron moved forwards first towards the trirantulasaurus, casting fire spells at it, making it back up out of the palace. "Everyone, get out of here as fast as you can. Those wishing to battle, come with me! I have a plan to push it out of the palace into a deep pit not far from here."
queenzelda
Ferret Army
Ferret Army
Mood:
United States of America

Post by queenzelda »

Marin nods to step forwards to summon forth Bahamut, while Paladin Merdi joined Aaron's side to cast fire at the beast causing it to back up as Queen Marin instructed her summon monster to push it out of the Sun palace. "BACK! PUSH IT BACK FURTHER! We have to make sure to get it away from the city!"

Megan
Ferret Queen
Ferret Queen
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Megan »

Kyle gulped, nervously, his body tensing up. He was trying hard not to lose it right there in front of everyone. Instead he tried to aid the others by tossing some of his own fire balls at the monster.

Maroon unlike Kyle didn't hesitate and started tossing orbs of ice at it.
Dook, dook, dook! :ferret: